Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867930)

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-05-2009 07:35 AM

PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!

This is a quick reminder that is it AGAINST paypal regulations to mark payments as "payment owed" when you are buying goods. This makes it against the rules here as well.

Payments MUST be marked as "goods" not services or anything else :thumbsup:

You have no protection when paying by the other methods offered.

PLEASE report all threads that you see where seller is asking payment be marked as ANYTHING other than "goods". Report a thread/post by hitting the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of post.

Also, ALL packages need to be sent with Delivery Confirmation. Delivery confirmation is to protect the SELLER and should be included in your price.

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.

krispy79 11-25-2009 06:37 AM

Re: PLEASE READ! In regards to paypal fees,payments and delivery confirmation!!

Quote:

Last thing I need to touch on is the request that your buyer handles paypal fees. This is actually confusing for many buyers. Please,factor the fees in your asking price. You can always offer a discount if they buy more than one item. It is not the buyers responsibility to cover sellers fees.
I couldn't agree more. The last thing I want to do it pull out a calculator to try and figure out how much more I actually owe someone. And do I round up or down...ugh.
I wish it was a standard to include the fees in your ppd price, I do and I can't understand why anyone doesn't do the same.

LCM's Mom 11-29-2009 12:24 AM

"Also, ALL packages need to be sent with Delivery Confirmation. "

Just wondering why that is... not arguing.. :-D

Charmedmommy82 02-27-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCM's Mom (Post 8984832)
"Also, ALL packages need to be sent with Delivery Confirmation. "

Just wondering why that is... not arguing.. :-D

I could understand if they are sending it Parcel Post but not Priority or First Class...guess it just covers the sellers butt if someone should say they never got their pkg =)

LCM's Mom 02-27-2010 09:54 PM

Huh.. I think when I posted this I was under the impression that it was a DS rule, that all packages must have Delivery Confirmation... I see why it is wise with most forms of shipping, but I am unclear on the purpose of the sticky..... Is this a diaperswappers rule? or is it a suggestion for a good transaction?

bluecat 08-20-2010 08:10 AM

nice to know

~happy2Bamommy~ 08-20-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCM's Mom (Post 9691860)
Huh.. I think when I posted this I was under the impression that it was a DS rule, that all packages must have Delivery Confirmation... I see why it is wise with most forms of shipping, but I am unclear on the purpose of the sticky..... Is this a diaperswappers rule? or is it a suggestion for a good transaction?

Getting DC and properly marking payment is a rule.It is required by paypal as well :thumbsup: A sticky was put up due to the large number of people asking buyers to send payment as "owed" and shipping without DC.

geetabean 08-21-2010 10:02 PM

Bump!

bcarroll9494 05-25-2011 01:19 PM

What is the recommendation for shipping USA to Canada, since DC is not available internationally?

~happy2Bamommy~ 05-25-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcarroll9494 (Post 13009412)
What is the recommendation for shipping USA to Canada, since DC is not available internationally?

It is available. Just cost a lot.

check with paypal and see what they advise you to do in cases like this. I don't believe you as a seller would be covered should the buyer say they never got their package. Rules in paypal *might* have changed a bit on this. It has been a few weeks since I looked and they have made some changes in other areas.