Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Virus/Malware Reports - Please post here (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914125)

Admin 01-23-2010 03:39 PM

Virus/Malware Reports - Please post here

We have gone to great lengths over the last week to remove any virus/malware problems. This has included an upgrade to the forum software, and removing any suspect ad networks that we may believe are causing issues for the members.

Please post any feedback here in this thread so we can view it all in one place. Any existing threads will be closed and a link to this thread posted.

If you do experience a pop-up/malware/virus please provide as much information as you can:

- the page you were surfing or trying to access
- the name of the trojan/malware if your AV software reports it
- what the malware/virus attempted to run on your machine
- any screenshots would be most helpful

Thanks!

aiyana4969 01-25-2010 09:04 AM

Re: Virus/Malware Reports - Please post here

As soon as I go to the forum page my anti-virus pops up saying that a trojan is trying to infiltrate my computer. If I know how to take a screen shot I would, but I'm fairly computer illiterate. This is what my antivirus pop up is saying:
Accessing the files C'\...\Low\Content.IE5\XUEFZ8Y3\Show.ads[1].js. Containing Trojan program Trojan.JS.Redirection.ar Deleted and backup copy is created

devamajka 01-25-2010 11:18 AM

Every time I click anything (new thread, back to forum, new page in thread, etc) I get this from my virus program:
Virus Blocked
Real-time scanning has blocked access to Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar virus that was detected as a potential security thread.

I really hope this gets fixed soon! I'm afraid of what it could do to my computer!

stephy4632 01-26-2010 08:28 AM

ugh I got attacked this morning

Admin 01-26-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephy4632 (Post 9417678)
ugh I got attacked this morning

Any details on what happened? Thanks.

laur318 01-26-2010 09:30 AM

my virus scanner was going crazy the past few days on FSOT. ill try to get a log.

passthepickles 01-26-2010 09:33 AM

My virus protection was going bonkers yesterday on FSOT. Said something about a virus trying to infiltrate but it was blocked and it was suggested I run a virus scan to make sure it did not get through. I ran about 6 scans yesterday because of it.

So far today though, I haven't had any warnings!

devamajka 01-26-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devamajka (Post 9409555)
Every time I click anything (new thread, back to forum, new page in thread, etc) I get this from my virus program:
Virus Blocked
Real-time scanning has blocked access to Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar virus that was detected as a potential security thread.

I really hope this gets fixed soon! I'm afraid of what it could do to my computer!

It's back to normal for me :thumbsup:

celticknot12 01-26-2010 09:53 AM

my husband has twice had to remove several viruses from my laptop because of this site.....trojan, some that attempted to add things on reboot each time, etc.....it rendered my laptop useless for days....

according to him the most recent issue was this:

sysguard and something had rootkit'd nvata.sys

the symptoms we saw were google redirects, but it was hooked in all over the operating system. I'm not really sure what I'd say it was -- definitely not virus, because it wasn't designed to replicate -- something else delivered it -- but definitely either malware or adware. ... unsure what else it was doing

If people are seeing google redirects, this is what is probably doing it
I highly recommend running this tool until it comes back clean (after putting a fresh nvata.sys into place)

more information here http://forums.techguy.org/malware-re...removal-2.html

a warning : if nvata.sys is removed without a good one put in place, Windows will almost certainly be stuck in a state where you can't load it, so it's a bit scary

sysguard, I think, is a completely different beast.. unsure what all it does, but I know it's bad....I'm going to say it's malware or adware

He also wanted me to note that a computer professional spend 16 hours on it to get it clean, which is rediculous.

stephy4632 01-26-2010 09:59 AM

Attacker ID : 46.186.42.185
attack type: smss.exe exploit