Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Regarding selling/trading Franklin Goose credits (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979232)

katedanzer 05-03-2010 10:02 AM

Regarding selling/trading Franklin Goose credits

Diaperswappers does not allow the sale of any items on the board that are not in hand. This is for the protection of the buyer and seller. Therefore, any ISO posts offering credits for trade or sale will be removed. You are welcome to list your Franklin Goose items on FSOT once you have the actual item in hand.

You can read the rules here for further explanation.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 05-06-2010 12:26 PM

Re: Regarding selling/trading Franklin Goose credits

I want to make sure, but if you are trading for the WHOLE account, username, password(new person can change that),the whole shebang, that would be allowed,correct? Then it is just like a gift card, and not an item someone is ordering and trading before it gets here.

katedanzer 05-06-2010 01:04 PM

I will check with the representative from Franklin Goose that posts on Diaperswappers. To my knowledge, there is no way for a user to transfer accounts to another member.

In explanation to how FG credits differ from trading a gift card...
It was determined by diaperswappers mod & admin team that an actual gift card can be traded, as in you can give the other trade partner the gift card or store credit number and they can make the purchase themselves. The problem with FG credits is that they can't be traded, but rather the owner of the credits has to make the purchase. So if there are problems on the retailer end (an item goes out of stock, there is an issue with the quality of an item, etc) there is no way for the other trader to do an exchange/return/file a claim since they were not the person making the purchase. It really is for the safety of both traders that the item be in hand since shipping times & stock is not guaranteed by the retailer (Franklin Goose)

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 05-06-2010 01:39 PM

If you are giving them the whole account, then you give them the user name and password, and then they change the password. It becomes theirs. They can not combine it with any other credits, but they can use the new account as they see fit.

katedanzer 05-06-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 (Post 10189666)
If you are giving them the whole account, then you give them the user name and password, and then they change the password. It becomes theirs. They can not combine it with any other credits, but they can use the new account as they see fit.

I am awaiting a response from the FG representative, but as it stands now the admin & mod team will still be enforcing our no B/S/T policy on diaperswappers.

JCausby 10-18-2010 06:43 PM

At Franklin Goose, We ABSOLUTELY DO NOT Allow transferring credits from one account to another!

eli's momma 11-17-2010 10:49 PM

i was not aware of this when i agreed to take credits as payment. i was desperate for paypal, and had no takers, and when someone offered me credits i took them, b/c they have the item i was wanting to buy anyway. however, i ended up not being able to use the credits. i was originally told that it was done all the time and not a problem, and then told the opposite after placing the order. sometimes i feel overwhelmed by all the rules and i feel like i can't possibly keep up with everything. i think i'm a good person, and would never try to scam anyone, but i now find that i have "broken the rules" and been thoroughly punished for doing so.

just a reminder to all those who, like me, don't read stickys before each transaction takes place. i skimmed them when i first joined but don't have much time to keep up with all the changes all the time. i am totally bummed :(