View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
CuriousElephant
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Standards for diapers on the FSOT boards

I have to say, after making my first used purchase (not here), I 100% understand how stinky items are missed. I purchased a lot of items from a nice, local woman. They looked fantastic, I got a steal, and they smelled reasonably well (I didn't want to get too involved in smelling them before I washed).

I got them home and washed them. Horribly musty. I then washed them again. They were fine dry. (I made the mistake of not smelling them wet.) I just washed a few of them again and they are horrible and musty when wet. I know this isn't a washing issue on my end since none of my other diapering items smell musty.

For whatever reason, the stink is really coming out and I doubt the woman knew, nor did I (until I washed them!). I'm getting ready to do an intense treatment on them because I don't want them with this stench and I wouldn't pass the stench onto someone else.

That said, I think a "uniform" guideline for FSOT is smart, but sometimes stinky dipes/inserts/doublers/covers just go unnoticed!
CuriousElephant is offline   Reply With Quote