View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our journey home...

Well, I don't know if anyone is interested, but much like the progression of our pg's we are transforming a home at the same time!

This is the house we were livingng in. Just your plain ol' split entry.

We moved out in Aug, and moved in with MIL until it's finished.
Since there are so many pics so far, I am starting an album on PB so I can keep updating as time goes on and progress is made. Please feel free to check back as I update it. I'd like to add that this house was converted at some point into 2 apt's, 1 up 1 down. It was mostly converted back more recently.

HOUSE PICS The password is construction.

WARNING!The pics are kinda scary so far! and the beginning pics are the before shots, with early during pics as well. So far we have installed new windows upstairs, and a first coat on the exterior, but I picked a darker color (still yellow) to go on next. Hopefully this weekend they will be painting ext and trim.

Dh has gutted the kitchen and bathroom as well as removed the floors. There is an icky sunroom that will have to be almost completely redone too.

The house will be taken down to studs, floor jacked up in spots, new plumbing, new wiring, heating will have some updates and AC added. (dh is an HVAC guy)
We will add insulation to the whole house, new windows downstairs, opening up the staircase, adding a 1/2 bath upstairs, new drywall everywhere, completely new kitchen,and bthrm, new paint obviously, and refinishing the original harwoods downstairs. Carpet upstairs though. We are going to try and save the doors and refinish them. The front porch will eventually wrap around the side of the house and a nice sized deck will be added to the back of the house too. Oh and a free standing 2 car garage will be built someday on the back of the property and the whole thing landscaped.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 10-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote