View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our journey home...

It has sooo much potential!!!! seems like some good spaces and the windows are nice and big.

It is sad what people will live in. Some of the houses we looked at before buying this one were horrible. We were living in a different part of the state where the average price for a home was a solid 30-40,000 more than the average for the state of wisconsin. we were looking at absolute dumps (like you could see through the roof to the outside or had to park in your neighbor's driveway cuz you didn't have one) and they were still 40-60,000 over our bugdet and a good 45 minutes of country driving away from work. We started looking in manitowoc (where the average price for a home is 50-60,000 LESS than the state average) and suddenly, we had over 60 options! I was so excited to be able to be "picky" and only searched for 3 bedroom and 1.5 baths and still had over 30 options.

I think that house is going to be great for you guys!!! I can totally see it (I watched way too much HGTV at my parent's house ...which is good cuz then I could see the potential in places). And if DH ishandy, go for it! Wayne and I like to think we can do simple things, but the 10 hours and near swearing it takes to get it done, we could have had a pro do it in 30 minutes. Well, not quite that bad, but close.

I forgot, how far away is the new place from your old?
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote