View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our journey home...

Ok have a design question---
We are starting from scratch in the kitchen. I am pretty sure about the layout. I will have only one window (small) above the sink, and 2 entries for lighting. The flooring will be wood, that will extend from the dining room. We are trying to stay true to the original color which is a walnut-ish color. Our appliances are black. This is the basic layout

The dining room is going to be a light aqua-y blue, with all white accents.

I am really leaning towards a distressed black finish on the cabinets. (they will be unfinished kind)

I love the idea of either white subway tiles or the white beadboard as a backsplash, a neutral countertop and white trim. Not sure if we will eventually replace the door panels with glass inserts. I like the idea though. We will have all white dishes. I love the thought of some shade of red accents too. idk. We're not sure on the lighting yet, other than undercabinet pucks (led).
I def don't want reg wood colors on the cabinets- too much for me with the wood floors. Dh doesn't want white cabinets either. My second choice is a distressed red cabinet, but I know that would be really bold. Maybe a fernish color green?