View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
proudsahmof4
Registered Users
Formerly: proudsahmof3
seller

My Mood:
Arrow Snap Conversion and Elastic Repair at The Diaper Doc! Lower Prices!

$1 sale has ended - having site issues with the title not changing. Still great prices though!!

Welcome to The Diaper Doc, specializing in snap conversion and elastic repair.

Greetings!

I'm so happy you found my WAHM store! I do snap conversions on aplix diapers as well as elastic repair. Information is available on this and subsequent posts, so be sure to scroll all the way down!

How Snap Conversion Works

Snaps are placed on the diapers from the inside. If you look inside a pocket diaper and see what the snaps look like for the one-size settings, that is exactly what it will look like on the inside with the snap conversion. Diapers that do not have an additional layer of PUL on the inside will need to be reinforced with a thin layer of fleece at your request to prevent snaps from tearing through the fabric for an additional fee (this fleece is not noticeable unless the diaper is turned inside out and does not affect performance). The main cost associated with snap conversion is labor; it is incredibly time-consuming. Lucky for you I have lots of time. Here are some pics of what the converted diapers look like, with the "economy" snap conversion. All pictures are of my own personal work.

Snap Options and Pricing

*Pricing Options are for BumGenius pocket diapers only, there may be additional costs for other brands.

Option #1 Economy Conversion
My base rate for labor is $3.35 per diaper (this is the conversion most minimal in cost, but gets the basic job done). Includes aplix removal and standard conversion of 2 rows of 10 snaps/2 tab snaps of your color preference.

Option #2 Perfect Conversion
$3.65 per diaper (increased stability with an extra snap for wing droop and security, but still plenty of stretch). Includes aplix removal and 2 rows of 10 snaps/3 tab snaps of your color preference.

Option #3 Maximum Conversion
$3.95 per diaper (for ultimate snapping security and wing droop). Includes aplix removal and 2 rows of 10 snaps/4 tab snaps of your color preference. An added benefit to this option is the choice to snap all or some of the tab snaps to get a really good fit for your child.

*Fleece reinforcement for diapers without an extra layer of interior PUL is available at a rate of $.50 cents per square of fleece (typically not necessary with BumGenius pockets or other one-size pockets unless they have been altered).

*Laundry tab removal is available for an additional $1 per diaper.

*Please note I do not currently have the equipment for repairing diapers with serging on the outer edge.

Fitteds.

$3.00 per diaper with one row as shown, can accomodate individual preference of snap number and spacing. Hidden snaps available for an additional $1.00 per diaper.

All-In-Ones.

$3.85 per diaper with two rows of hidden snaps and two tab snaps, can accomodate individual preference of snap number and spacing.

Customs

All snaps other than the matching/contrasting BumGenius and white colors are considered customs. These are an additional $1.00 per diaper for up to 2 colors, additional colors beyond 2 are $1.00 each.

Here are some pics of customs I have done.

Last edited by proudsahmof4; 12-07-2012 at 11:05 PM.
proudsahmof4 is offline   Reply With Quote