View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Circumcision is no longer covered by health insurance, and it isn't done locally. You have to go out of your way to have it done - and all the doctors and nurses here advised against it.

After my c-sec (I was under a general) the ped was checking over DS2, with DH right there. The Ped asked about circ'ing, DH said "No. We don't circ our boys." The Ped said "Good! I hate doing them. Totally unnecessary."
Umm... Whoa. Just not the reaction I was expecting - but I'm oh-so-glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
its what the dr recommended and they did not educate themselves first.
Are Drs still recommending them in the US?

Maybe this is just one more body part that magically changes when you cross the border? We all know that, obviouly, a woman's uterus magically changes while crossing the border so that VBACs are terribly, horribly dangerous down there while being recommended up here!

(sorry. mini rant. drives me BONKERS.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
Nope because no one circs here. It isnt a option to get one done.
Love to hear that!

Even if I had been wanting to get our boys done, the few hundred $$ it costs now would have made us reconsider - at the time when the first 2 boys were born, there's no way we could have paid that for something unnecessary.
FTR, obviously if something is medically happening and a circ is medically necessary, then it would be covered and not something to pay OOP.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote