View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #20
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandabug2
I am in a local multiples group and all the ladies are always talking about their baby boy circumcision experiences, and sometimes I feel like if I were to tell them mine weren't I would be looked at like a freak. Now on one hand I really don't care what other people think, on the other I kinda do . I guess the other thing that scares me is; are my boys going to be the odd ones out? What happens in JH and HS when they have to shower after gym?

I really feel like I made the right decision for my boys...I just hope they feel that way too!
If someone looked at me like a freak because I chose not to mutilate my son, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to spend time with them. So that part wouldn't bother me.

People around here are more surprised than grossed out or anything else, because circumcision is SOP. Anyone I've talked to in depth about it actually seems genuinely interested when I explain why, cite statistics, etc. If a circumcision "experience" conversation comes up, my contribution is just something along the lines of "I didn't circ DS because I couldn't bear to be responsible for him losing part of his body and going through intense pain for a cosmetic procedure." Most of the time the topic gets dropped. Haha

They won't be the odd ones out, though. Circumcision is becoming less and less common. Don't worry, you did the right thing. and if they protest, you can always remind them that they can get it done later - and HOW it has to be done. I think my brother only complained once, before our mother explained and he realized what had to happen for him to "look like the other guys".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
nope. im an extremely vocal intactivist. if someone thinks that being intact is wrong or gross they dont deserve my respect and i wouldnt give two craps what they thought anyway.
Totally agree.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote