View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
ArmyWifeBethany
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Am I horrible for WANTING a repeat c/s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Not horrible at all! Totally justified in birthing however YOU are comfortable. It is no one else's business how you birth your child. You and the baby coming out healthy on the other end is all that matters. And yes, mental and physical health are important. I was so dead set on a natural birth with my first, I cried and cried when they told me I needed a Csection, but I knew my DR was right. He has the lowest c section rate at my hospital, and he actually does very few and is very Pro-vbac. So I trust his opinion. I know it's what I needed. Now, I've thought long and hard about what I would do should I ever have a chance to have another child. At first I was so angry over the c-section that I swore I would never let that happen again (like I could have helped it!) but still you understand my thinking. As the years have past, I've realized that what is most important is everyone coming out the other end healthy. And as for the number of c-sections, my dr. said as long as I don't want more than four to six kids, it is fine to do repeat csections- barring complications. If I"m going to want more than that, he really really wants me to vbac. But he said if I'm keeping it under that number, then it is really what I feel will give me the best outcome. Personally I'm still on the fence, but right at this moment I'm leaning toward a repeat. You've already had a rough, rough first, go with your gut and do what puts your heart and mind at ease.
Thanks, girl! I honestly think I would be more comfortable with a repeat, simply because I know what to expect. I used to think that having a baby naturally was the be-all, end-all of womanhood, but at this point, I'll leave the natural, pain-free births to other warrior mamas out there! I'm unashamed!