View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
ProudGingerMama
Registered Users

Pretoddlers and visitstion

I'm not really sure where to post this but I think this will be the right place.

I have two girls. My ODD is going to be 4 soon and my YDD is 15 months. My ex and I have joint custody. ODD spends one week with her dad and one week with me. We exchange on Sundays. My YDD spends a few hours with her dad and sister during his weeks in the evenings and is with them for 8 hours on the weekends. She is still breast feeding (not exclusively but at least twice a day) and is very attached to myself and my girlfriend (my girlfriend has been in the picture since I was 7 months pregnant) I know that eventually my YDD will be on the same schedule as her sister but I definitely don't think she is ready for it yet and won't be for awhile. Her father is pushing very hard for YDD to start the schedule that ODD is on and I just honestly think he's trying to move too fast. I don't feel comfortable, or confident, that this is the best thing for her. My ex is living in a one bedroom apartment with only a toddler bed and his bed. My ODD is still sleeping in his bed with him. We are currently in counseling to help us better co-parent. The counselor believes that it's a good idea to start the process and wean my daughter off of the nursing because it is just making her regress and keeping her in a state of babyhood. I think that if she is nursing for comfort then she should be allowed to as this is very stressful on her and I can't get anyone to recognize how hard the back and forth is on her. I know she is excited to see her father when he gets her but she is always more excited to get home again and them she ends up being overly needy and doesn't sleep very well during his weeks.

I'm not sure if I'm really asking a question or anything. I guess I am looking for support or suggestions that anyone may have to make this easier on her (and me). Thanks for reading my long rant/post. Mahalo!