Old 11-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pretoddlers and visitstion

That is so tough- for your and especially for her- I'm sorry they are giving you a hard time about nursing. She is still a baby, IMO. She may not *NEED* bf for nutrition at this point, but bf is sooo much more than nutrition. It is her rock, her something she can turn to in her times of stress. It is a good thing- and you are doing a wonderful thing sticking up for her rights. Kudos to you! It is now recommended to continue breastfeeding until 2 years of age- so if the experts agree it is good- that should be good enough for the therapist- who first and foremost should have the best interest of the child come first- and in this instance, IMO, that includes encouraging you to continue BF per WHO guidelines!

ETA: My DS nursed until 3.5 years, until HE was ready to stop- it was a gently tapered weaning over many months- I hadn't even realized it was happening until I looked back and realized he had not nursed in several days!

I have to say, even though he is 4 now, he still so young. I think kids these days are expected to grow up way too fast and be on someone elses timeline!

Last edited by Pampered Mama; 11-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote