View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

Experience with early bleeding leading to preterm labor later on?

Hi mamas!

I am 20 weeks and 3 days after having had a full-term 38 weeker (9 hours from water breaking to baby being born), and then a preemie 32-weeker (it was really unexpected and fast...no signs at all of preterm labor, he came about 8 hrs after contractions started). He was in the NICU for 6 1/2 weeks and also had a complication of his prematurity (hydrocephalus), which caused him to get a shunt placed in his brain at 8 months old. He is doing so well and such a precious little boy, but we would love for our next to have a healther start in life!

I started 17p injections this time at 16 weeks so have had 4 so far. Four days ago I started heavy red bleeding (soaking a minipad every two hours). I have been in the hospital twice and cervical length checked twice. They found two things:
1) There are some blood vessels that are broken/fragile around the outside of the cervix.
2) There is a collection of blood and "debris" inside my uterus, just behind my cervix, that has pooled there and my body is apparently attempting to expel it. They don't really have an explanation as to where this might have come from, but they said it needs to be expelled or absorbed because it can't just continue to float around in there. This has been causing a lot of pressure in my cervical area, feels as if I was way further along and the baby's head was pushing down...obviously that's not what it is since the baby is about the size of an avocado right now, but that's the best way I know how to describe the sensation! I am also experiencing some mild and infrequent contractions and odd dull aching pain on the right side of my uterus (not constant, but often enough to be noticeable) - this is what sent me into the hospital the second time, and they were picking up some contractions on the monitor, but they did send me home after verifying cervix was still closed and long. Getting it checked again on Friday...praying I make it full term this time and the bleeding stops SOON!

Wondering if any of you ladies have experienced anything similar, have any questions I should be asking the doctors, or any recommendations for me?

Thanks!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote