View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
mommabullfrog
Registered Users

Re: What do I do with all our milk? I'm really confused.

Eats for Feets is now called "Human Milk 4 Human Babies". You can look it up on facebook, and usually there's a specific page for each state!
For many reasons, I was unable to nurse my son past one month. It absolutely broke my heart and I started formula. Just last week, I discovered this website and it has been a godsend. It's mama to mama. Donors can post, or women in search of milk. There is definitely an element of trust to it; the mamas taking the milk COULD be selling it; but you just have to try to be a good judge of character, and hope that the mama is just trying to do what's best for her baby!
My son is once again drinking breastmilk exclusively, and it brings me to tears every time I think about it. He is SO happy... smiling more than ever, less gas, sleeping better. I've taken milk from four amazing mamas so far and they are our miracles.
Just speaking from a woman who has taken donations from amazing mamas with extra, I would say it's worth the gamble. Your excess milk could help to sustain another life for a few days, weeks, or however long your milk will last them. I couldn't give my baby what he needs most; but other mamas can!
mommabullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote