View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by togetherinthelandofoz
We are considering switching from my husband's work insurance to independent insurance. We would be saving about $600 a month. However, the independent provider does not provide prenatal/maternity coverage. We plan to have another baby and hopefully within the next year. So, now we are weighing the two options. I've had two children in the hospital with no complications/naturally. I don't think a home birth is for me, but would consider birthing centers.

Any suggestions for Independent insurance providers that do provide maternity coverage or other ways to save on prenatal/maternity costs? (I don't believe we would qualify for medicaid per income levels)

Any other thoughts? Thanks!
I have a private BCBS plan for DS and myself (and the new baby once it's born) and it includes maternity benefits (after 10 mo waiting period) but I pay $495/mo with a $1000 deductible and 80/20 after that. Private policies are expensive!! I've had my plan for many years now (5+) and recently tried to shop around but no other plan was under $800/mo even with higher deductibles.