Thread: Nebulizer help
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

We stopped using the mask when they were able to pull it off and didn't want to fight anymore. We use the regular tube thing (can't think of what it's called) and use a piece of plastic between the mouthpiece and the other part so the steam only comes out one end. I just put that end near their face and it has ended a lot of the fight. I also let them watch TV or play on my phone at that time too so they are really distracted. Letting them do something that is usually off limits helps a ton.
I'll attach a pic of what I mean in just a minute, not sure if I described it well enough.

ETA: pic of what I'm talking about, see how the air can only come out the other end now? And agree with others, crying means more meds getting in their lungs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2748618734.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	125123
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 11-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote