View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pumping at work/BF at home question

DD is 8 weeks. She has been block feeding at home since birth. I have been doing a little pumping in the morning on the non eating side to build up my freezer stash. But usually just feeding on one side.

Now that I am back to work I am pumping both sides 2 times during my work day (8am and 11:30/12) and if she isn't ready to eat when I pick her up from daycare at 3pm then I will pump at least one side when I get home depending on when she ate last.

I noticed this weekend when I went back to just block feeding and pumping once either very early moring after she ate (between 3 and 5 am) or after her morning feeding. I am very full/almost engorged a few times during the day. This was only with a 3 day work week..

Should I pump more on the weekends like the opposite side she nurses from each time or at least every other time. That will work as long as we are home.

I don't want to mess up my supply. With the boys my supply at least pumping took a nose dive around 7 months and I wasn't pumping hardly anything. Right now I have a good supply. My first morning pumping at work gave me 7oz and then 2nd one gave me 5oz.

If you can understand my rambling and have any advise that would be great.
Thanks