View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247
Am I the only one that doesn't ask for a list? I never confirm or deny santa's existence, and I never go out of my way to make him real, but I still end up doing santa. we do the solstice for their main gifts, but now we are celebrating st. Nicks day on xmas instead, so he really only brings a chocolate letter, some dutch licorice and a trinket that can fit in a wooden shoe. They LOVE putting out reindeer food and milk and cookies and I feel like I would be a terrible mom if "santa" didn't eat them.

Even when we celebrated plain ol' xmas the normal way, we never addressed any gifts from santa, or did lists. The kids were content just to see an empty milk glass and a bite out of a cookie. I know what they like, so I don't need a list and I feel like having them ask and expect is only going to form bad habits. Maybe I'm just a scrooge.
We don't ask the kids to do a list. But after August if the kids see something in a store or magazine the want we tell them to put it on their Christmas list. This allows them to ask for it and have some hope they might get it someday. I don't write the stuff down but keep tabs on what gets mentioned the most.

Closer to Christmas they start circling stuff in toy catalogs (they each have their own color to circle with). They know they aren't getting all that stuff but they sure have fun dreaming for a bit on a cold and dreary afternoon (I put the magazines up and dig them out when they need done distraction).
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote