View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do when your child loves her school, but you don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+3 View Post
I'd just fix the problem yourself and don't pack her lunches that need heating up.
This. And I'd ask the teacher to be sure she gets her food in person. I'd also have a conversation with the director about being made to feel like I'm "that parent" when my child hasn't eaten all day. I pulled my daughter from a Mother's Day Out program she LOVED (and still asks for) because I didn't like the quality of care. I'm not super picky, but my daughter came home with Hand, Foot and Mouth a week after several others in the class had it the week before and the school failed to notify parents. HUGE deal to me! In the end 9 out the 11 kids in her class got it (a heads up would've been nice considering I also had a 13 month old at home). My kids both love people I would never trust to care for them. If lunch is the only problem, I'd go above the teacher's head next time and stop sending food that needs to be prepared.