View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
R055ANA
Registered Users

Re: DH watches kid like grandparent

Hey there Ummkira!

I left my DH w/ my 4 girls last night for a couple hours and I wasn't pleased to what I came home to. He was tired and frustrated after a day @ work and he wanted to be left alone. I didn't find this out until I had already returned from my meeting and been home for several hours, had I known when he came home I would have taken them w/ me and had them waiting outside the room. Anyway he told them to stop getting their snacks and to just go upstairs to watch their library DVDs. He even complained to my DD when she stayed on the phone w/ my mother because my mom had called not knowing I wasn't home.

Really I expect things to not go exactly my way when I leave them w/ DH but to just watch DVDs the most of the time and to be told to stay upstairs most of the time I was gone so he could be alone was very disappointing. To his credit he is usually not this terrible.

Sadly Ummkira, set yourself up to not expect him to put her to bed @ the right time or brush her teeth even though you should try request he brush her teeth before she falls asleep. It's great you are trying not to complain too much.

Hopefully things will get better.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote