View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #28
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I do with all our milk? I'm really confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathplyr View Post
you need to keep it all for your baby. she is way too young for you to donate it. she needs all of it. If you have not used it when she is ready to wean then donate. you just never know what life brings. you could be sick and on medicine (and have "contaminated milk") and she will need that freezer milk. you could have an emergency in the family and need to leave her with someone. your supply could diminish. you could suddenly have financial issues and need to work. she could get teeth early and start biting you and you may need it. life is so uncertain. yes be very very possessive of it. lol
I have worried about this. When I handed over most of my freezer stash, I worried about what would happen if I died in a car accident on the way home. I kept back 50oz, but I think I'm going to keep back more than that from now on. I feel confident in that I pump an extra 20+ ounces a day. It's going to be easy to build it back up. I still worry about the what ifs. Thank you for posting this.

Just how much of a baseline stash should I keep? Anyone have a suggestion? I know 800oz is about the maximum I can store without having to buy another freezer. I'd like to avoid buying another freezer at this point.