View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just thought I'd share my pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It's the one I used to sell wholesale to local restaurants.

Crust:
Gingersnap cookies (about 20 or so), crushed
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:
2lbs cream cheese (4 blocks)
1 small can pumpkin (I think it's 15oz)
1/4 cup heavy cream (decent substitutes are evaporated milk or canned coconut milk)
1/2 cup sugar (I don't make a super sweet cheesecake, so feel free to bump up the sugar a little if you prefer it sweeter)
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice powder ( if you can't find this, sub some extra cinnamon and clove)
6 eggs

* Note - This is a big recipe. It's for a 10 inch pan. If you don't have one that big, use a smaller pan, but don't fill it more than 1.5 inches deep. It won't bake properly. Any excess filling can be baked in ramekins, muffin tins or oven safe mugs.

1. Measure out all filling ingredients and set out on the counter for at least an hour. Don't try to mix it until everything is room temperature. Cream cheese can go in the mixing bowl. Pumpkin and cream in a bowl together. Sugar, corn starch and spices in another bowl. Eggs in the last bowl.

2. Combine crust ingredients. There should be just enough butter to barely make crumbs stick together. Press mix into the bottom a lightly greased round pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

3. Once filling ingredients are room temperature, mix cream cheese at low speed to soften. Scrape sides of bowl. Add pumpkin and cream. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape bowl. Add sugar, starch and spices. Mix on medium to combine. Scrape the bowl again. With mixer running on low speed, add eggs one at a time. Turn speed up to medium and mix for about 30 seconds.

4. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Check the temperature of the cheesecake right in the middle. Once it hits 150 degrees in the middle of the cheesecake, turn the oven off. Leave the door closed with the cheesecake inside for one hour. Move the cheesecake to the counter for one hour. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting. The reason for this is to cool it gradually; this will minimize cracks.

It's really not that hard, I promise!

Last edited by Mama*Kim; 11-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote