View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #35
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I do with all our milk? I'm really confused.

i donated a bunch with my other 3. thousands of oz easily, but not until a few hundred oz went bad in my freezer bc my oldest, and next 2, wouldnt take bottles i felt sooo bad throwing it out. with the next two i still pumped but donated it. i kept 100 oz or so in the freezer but rotated it out so it didnt expire. when they weaned i donated the rest. ironically enough i wasnt going to pump this time...and im EPing for my dd who has low muscle tone and cant suck. i have no extra right now. in fact my friend just dropped off some extra milk she had bc her son wont take a bottle and my supply has dipped a little. as someone who has been on both sides, id rather donate extra and worry about what ifs later. i know if something happened and i couldnt pump at all, that i could get milk from several friends. if i didnt have them, i would still be able to find milk on HM4HB easily. so i wouldnt stress too much. what if you had 1000+ oz and went out of town and your freezer died and it spoiled? it could go either way
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote