View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
now I'm nervous I killed my supply

DS has been nursing exclusively for a little over a week after nursing sparingly and not all that well since birth. I EPed since day 2 and had a major oversupply which was great for that scenario. Lots of frozen milk. Once he started nursing I continued topump a few times aday forthe first day or so but it just made the engorgment much worse so I ditched the pump and only pumped to comfort when necessary. At this point I haven't really pumped for several days, with the exception of 3oz last night.

Things were going really well even with the pain from engorgment. DS typically eats from one side only. The past 2 nights he's been super fussy at the breast though. Awesome during the day but just seems unhappy at ight. He either doesn't want to nurse period or will nurse for a few minutes, then cry like crazy. Repeat. He still slept normal. The engorgement is completely gone and frankly, while my boobs are still MASSIVE (much more than usual) they don't feel super full, just floppy and heavy to be honest. He typically eats for 10-30minutes on one side and then falls asleep or just gets uninterested. We are using a shield due to a recessive chin. I met with an LC the 2nd day and even though he was super sleep and lazy while eating he took at 2oz in under 10 minutes of sucking so he's def. efficient at eating.

I deal with anxiety anyways and was unable to nurse DS1 so I'm a newbie here. Did my supply tank? Are we doing things right? I'm petrified that switching from EPing was the wrong idea and that I'll lose all my supply andhe won't have ANY breastmilk. Why is he so fussy at night all of a sudden?? I think I just need to be talked off the ledge right now

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
I'm a cop lovin', CDing, BFing & EPing, Co-Sleeping, & ERFing kinda mama!
After 8months of EPing with DS1 and 2months EPing with DS2 my little squish is finally EBF!!!! Persistance pays off!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote