Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with 7yo school issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Ive already spoken with the teacher and principal and came up with a plan. We are setting up a meeting for a 504 plan. He won't qualify for an IEP. He *may* not even qualify for the 504. No I didn't feel his work coming home was C- quality. He did well with the random poor score thrown in. Of course when I brought this up the teachers response to me was 'Well I don't know, you have the work. If you kept it all then you'll know why he is struggling and with what'. I do know ANY parent who keeps all papers coming home. I wasn't alarmed by anything in particular. Nothing said to me 'call the teacher, looks like its getting worse'. Kwim? We'll deal with it at the meeting. Sometime in the next week or two.
The teacher is the one with the issue. She said that to you--you have the grades? EEKK! It was her job to tell you that he is struggling. Glad the principal agreed with you!

I had a 504 for a student that didn't have any academic issues, however she had one for testing, writing in her agenda her homework. A 504 would be a good route. Try to think of things that you do at home that they may be able to do at school. It's hard if the teacher isn't communicating with you.
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote