View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
aryaya
Registered Users
seller

is it thrush? won't latch during day, but fine at night.

Do you think it's thrush if there are latch problems during the day, but at night my lo will for the most part stay completely and calmly latched?

He does seem to have gas/colic/reflux issues and during the day there are times where he will really bounce around on my breast, hardly staying latched, and clicking like crazy - I think semi unlatching basically in his mouth.

I have a strong let down (sprays!) so I'm not sure if it's just related to that. Or thrush...OR..both?

My breasts are soo sore, nipples are pink ... but I am only 6 weeks into breastfeeding and still trying to get latch right, just got done with being engorged, I'm a bit sensitive to the cold etc... and then all the unlatching and yanking is making me sore too. So it's VERY hard to tell the origin of all the pain if that makes sense.

So it's really hard for me to tell if this is thrush or normal pain for me, given the circumstances.

Any thoughts?? I really would like to avoid giving my little one any meds unless it's necessary - and I'm not keen on taking meds unless I absolutely have to, too. I want atleast to feel fairly convinced that it's thrush before going down that road.
aryaya is offline   Reply With Quote