qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Afraid of BLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
Yep it does but there are certain safety rules like being able to sit upright, be able to put food in their own mouths themselves without help. She mostly advocates waiting until baby starts to grab food off your plate.
We have also found most highchairs completely usless as they all slightly recline. So our little ones either sit on our lap or we use a clip on highchair. I BLW both my girls and from 6 months they were eating whatever we were from roast chickdn legs to wedges to stirfries, pasta, curries and soup. Watching a 7-8 month old eat soup is amazing and messy which is all part of the fun of food.

Kiwl Mum of three.

I didn't know most highchairs reclined a bit. I haven't used one in 8 years. We have a booster seat with a tray. Our kitchen very tightly fits a tiny table and 3 chairs. We are a family of five. None of us eat in our kitchen.

The criteria you mentioned we have always followed. From some of the comments I was thinking we must not be doing baby led solids because we do feed when we cannot afford the mess.