View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

BF'ing 1 and EP'ing for a 2nd?

ok so My question is this:

Is it possible to EBF my 3 month old DD and EP for my 2 week old nephew?

Backstory:

I have been EBF my DD since day 1. At first I had an Oversupply but now my milk has regulated. Thing is my DD only eats off of one side so I am still pumping the other side to even things out. 2 1/2 weeks ago my nephew was born and my SIL has had major issues nursing him. At first it was that her nipples were bleeding from feedings and now he isn't gaining weight because her milk doesn't have alot of calories, so his Dr has recommended Formula. She really doesn't want to give him formula so She started looking into Donor milk, which is when I thought what if I gave him My milk? So here we are trying to come up with a plan on what I need to do to feed Both babies. My DD will come first and if this doesn't work out I will do whats best for my family. So please tell me what can I do to up my milk supply? My DH will be getting me Fenugreek this week and I eat a ton of Oatmeal with Flax seed for breakfast. He was so tiny at birth only 5 lbs 10 oz. Is what I am trying to do Possible or am I just going have to give what I can and help her look for another mom to help her out as well? Any and All Advice is welcome. Thanks
MrzP427 is online now   Reply With Quote