View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Sarah-B
Registered
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

It sounds ignorant to you, maybe. But you don't know her reasons. All women have reasons for making the choices that they do. You have no way of knowing this woman's history or her breastfeeding issues, and to lay out a blanks statement like that makes you sound like the ignorant one.

FTR; I Nursed my DS for 30 months until my milk dried up during my second pregnancy, and my dd for 15 months when we weaned bc she had an allergic reaction to the medication I was taking. So my opinion isn't based on being defensive about my own decisions, but on being tired of how BF women talk about women who choose to FF.
SIL just gave up she tried for a day and said well I want my husband to be able to feed the baby too do I can keep sleeping. That to me is ignorant. We are all entitled you are own opinions. That doesn't mean we should pass judgment or be rude to anyone (I would never be rude to anyone who chooses to formula) but it also means that when you see a mama that doesn't even give it a valid try it sort of makes you mad inside a little bit. And I think here DS is a safe place to vent.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote