View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

SIL just gave up she tried for a day and said well I want my husband to be able to feed the baby too do I can keep sleeping. That to me is ignorant. We are all entitled you are own opinions. That doesn't mean we should pass judgment or be rude to anyone (I would never be rude to anyone who chooses to formula) but it also means that when you see a mama that doesn't even give it a valid try it sort of makes you mad inside a little bit. And I think here DS is a safe place to vent.
I agree that seeing someone not try could cause someone to be angry. I don't personally have those feelings because I am not personally attached to how other women feed their babies.

And I would disagree that DS is a "safe" place to call another woman ignorant for her parenting choices. Unless this is something DS agrees with.

ETA: and I think there is a difference between venting by saying how something makes you feel (safe to do on DS and appropriate) and name-calling and condemning another person for their parenting choices.

Last edited by BeccaSueCongdon; 11-23-2012 at 10:20 AM.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote