View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #197
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Oh dear. That doesn't sound comfy at all. you can get it cleared up relatively quickly/easily.
Tentative CONGRATS on a wee boy!

AFM:First, and most important - Hiccup looks healthy and well, is measuring 4 days ahead, and is moving like crazy in there - not just kicks, but we got to see him stretching and rolling around!
She didn't get the best shots of the heart (not the chambers, but the vessels leading off it), some that show it, but not the clearest... because Hiccup wouldn't stay still long enough for her to get a good angle, but she got enough to see the vessels present. It's just whether the radiologist is happy with those shots. If not, we'd just have to do another scan - not a big deal now!

MUCH better at this hospital. She still wanted DH and Levi to stay out while she did the scan, then they could come in at the end. She had my report, so knew the history. We compromised that she would do a very quick peek herself (seriously, she put the probe on my belly, took it off, and got DH), let DH and Levi come in so we could all see Hiccup's hb and see him moving around. Then i was able to relax for the rest of the scan.
She talked and chatted the whole time with me, very nice and kind. She actually has worked in the big hospital before and said she doesn't like the u/s dept there either - that there's something weird about it. It was nice to know it's not just me!
She outright told us that everything looks good and measures right on/ahead at this point. Other than the heart vessels, she got clear shots of everything else and all looks well.

I feel like a southern baptist, but seriously - THANK YOU JESUS!
I'll try to get pics scanned later to share.
Yay!!!! Elena so happy for you!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote