View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My kids opened their presents

When I was inkindergarten, my sister showed me a bunch of presents in the closet in the garage....On Christmas morning when I received those same presents from Santa - I was SHOCKED...but it also started our obsession with always finding the presents hidden in the house....one year when I was proabably ten sh - we were left home for a tiny bit and we snoped...we found them, but I guess they were also "booby trapped" and we got in trouble and were told everything would be returned. A lot of it did get returned...I got better at snooping.

Returning is an option....or...maybe put them all ...in full display.....up high on a shelf where they have to look at them every.single.day but not touch them or play with them.....how old are they? MAybe even tell them they will NOT be getting them for Christmas, and get them "necessities"...like socks, underwear, toothpaste, soap, etc to open on Christmas morning....and then in a week or something let them have their presents (if you really want them to have them)

ETA...Parker ( my only boy) is CRAZY about snooping and secrets, he can't keep a secret to save his life, and will snoop through everything to satisfy his "need to know".... Sometimes just "knowing" calms him down...as kids and even as adults my sister andI would ALWAYS tell each other what we were getting for Birthdays and Christmas and STILL we loved getting those gifts .... we just wanted to know. You could just act like it was no big deal and leave them "as is" ... it does ruin the fun but some people still enjoy a present een if they know what it is.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 11-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote