View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks guys! I feel a bit better. I just read this blog about how this mom made sure to put her babies down in different places/just drowsy, etc. and how they were sttn and great mappers because of it and how she only "let" them sleep an hour and a half. Let? I wanted to do serious damage at that little word.

Anyway, I can't swaddle because she hates it, has since week 2. I swaddled dd1 for 5 months, so I know that they can pitch a fit while doing it, but then settle. DD2 didn't sleep over 1/2 hour at night until I stopped. She fought it the whole time. And at night I have the closet light on/door open for a night light and day it's very dark with black out curtains. So, it's not that

She just HAS to move. Even when I'm holding her, I have to either be rocking or bouncing, or she wriggles and screams. She's ok in the swing sometimes. And I let her nap in there a lot. Usually I try the crib first, then when she wakes, I transfer her to the swing. Sometimes that works, other times she's awake - even if she was bawling from tiredness before going down and awake after 5min. Other times she sleeps for 2+ hours in the swing. How in the world am I supposed to have consistency?

I don't think there's an answer. I just needed to vent.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a sweet little toddler girl and we welcomed DD2 in September 2012. If I'm not with my daughter, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote