View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Rdesonia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Potty training for non-walking toddler?

DD is 16 months. She is taking off her diaper (snap on pocket) when wet. She is wiggling it off. She does this as soon as she pees. She says "Die Die" which sounds a lot like "Dada" so I'm having a hard time picking up her verbal cues. She has not peed in the potty yet. (Because I'm not putting her on it) I think she is ready to start training but she isn't walking yet. She has mild muscle weakness on one side (the side of her body that she has seizures on). She crawls but drags that leg. She can pull herself up and is very close to walking.
I'm just not sure if I should try to potty train? How to go about it? I've showed her the sign for diaper as she uses a little sign language. She isn't very consistent with using it. She seems to understand what I'm saying most of the time but isn't very verbal. (She'll do what I ask her but not verbally respond or repeat) Should I just wait? Should I start letting her sit on the potty when I go?

** ps I'm not wanting to pressure her to potty train early but her constant removal of her diaper seems to indicate she *might* be ready to start. I'm not thinking that this will be full success in a short time... Just a beginning to familiarize her type of potty training. I'm in no rush! I'd love to hear how others have handled this! DH is wanting me to decide how to handle her taking off the diaper.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote