Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I could use some advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I'm going to be real honest...

I am a busy person. It is not that I don't care it was your child's birthday. But honestly, unless there is a party, I often don't remember. I don't intentionally miss my nieces and nephew's birthdays. But I also don't call to acknowledge them either, because between work, my kids, and the million other things going on in my life, most of the time, I don't remember that it is your kid's birthday.

Sounds harsh, but that is the truth, at least for me. No party generally will mean no acknowledgement. I don't remember any of my aunts calling me for mine, and I have 5 aunts. The only people that ever call are my parents and sometimes my grandparents.

I'm going to bet that nothing intentional is meant by it, but you could talk to them about it.
This.

I've always thought of birthdays as being meaningful to immediate family and BFFs only (not aunts/uncles/cousins). I would actually be annoyed if we got calls all day long on birthdays that constantly interrupted our festivities and my kids would be agitated too.
Unless....a party is planned, then everyone who attends should wish my kid a happy birthday - that's what I've invited them over for.

If your child is actually sad that an aunt is not calling on her birthday why don't you just tell your kid that she did call but you didn't want to interrupt your daughters birthday breakfast with the call?
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote