View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Vent: sleeping in crib!!

Our day starts well and then deteriorates. She gets up around 7-ish and around a quarter to 9 I start rocking her to sleep, then I transfer her to her crib. It can take her 30min to fall asleep with me rocking. As soon as she is asleep, I lay her down. Sometimes she wakes up 5 minutes later, sometimes 20. Then she goes in her swing to finish the nap. Usually until about 11:00. Then it's DD1 time to eat, get ready for a nap, and she's in bed around 12:00. Then DD2 gets rocked from about 12:30-2:00. I can't put her in her crib because if she cries, she'll wake up DD1.

Then it's chaos time. I put the baby in the swing when she starts seeming sleepy, sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she doesn't. That's what makes it chaotic. She never does the same thing twice. She just looks around with these big open eyes that says, I'm not going to sleep! If I do rock her, she just dozes. If I put her in the swing, sometimes she cries, sometimes she dozes, sometimes she sleeps. AH!!! And usually by the time we have to get DD2 ready for bed - bath, pjs, bottle, sing, the baby is screaming from exhaustion.

Like she did tonight. Which was awful. Both girls crying. Not fun. Now I've got the baby on my chest with her wide wide open eyes just hanging out and yawning. I don't know what to do.

We had horrible sleep issues with DD1. And I prayed all my pregnancy long that this baby would be an easy sleeper. Ha. I'm just so tired of the whole sleep issue. OK, vent over, time to move on. They'll both grow up just fine and I'll be dragging them out of bed when they're teens.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a sweet little toddler girl and we welcomed DD2 in September 2012. If I'm not with my daughter, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote