Thread: Proud of mil
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Proud of mil

Her grandma bear claws came out today. She is so quiet and meek. She never stands up for herself. She surprised me today. In the 3 years since dd was diagnosed with a peanut allergy she only recently stood up to her dh- telling him he was not allowed to have peanut stuff when dd was there. Of course dd just moved up from a class 4 to a class 6 so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, we went to a baby shower today for dh's cousin. It was all his family and we know everybody. In planning the hostess was thinking about serving some sort of nutty cracker thing but mil's sister (hostess' mil) reminded her dd was coming so no nuts. Don't know if that created an issue- i didn't even know dd's allergy even come up until after we left the shower. I had no idea it had been brought up ahead of time. Anyway, we get there and they have favors of little pots with reese cups in them. I saw them and wasn't going to say anything. They were take home favors and most people wouldn't even touch them until leaving. DD was going to be down stairs playing and the kids were not to eat anything at all down there. I went to the bathroom and when i cam back my mil was standing in front the favors. She said - do you see those? i said yes and before I could say anything else she was talking to the hostess (her nephew's wife). She told her dd has a severe peanut allergy could they put the favors away and hand them out as everyone left. I was completely shocked. It is so unlike her to speak up. She usually just sits quietly and worries. I would probably be embarrassed if everybody there hadn't been family. Most of whom are very familiar with dd's allergy. But some of them do forget- I think that is what threw mil over the edge, her elderly aunt was opening one to eat them while I was in the bathroom. I don't usually ask for anything special to be done at gatherings- all though this is the first time in 3 years that we have been to a gathering other then our family Christmas were peanut stuff was even present. I was kind of surprised to see the reese's cups. We have been to all kinds of showers and food gatherings in the last 3 years this was the first time there was something peanut. We normally feed her on the way anyway because of her dairy sensitivity and then she will eat chips, raw veggies or fruit at the gatherings.

And mil was actually mad that the reese cups were even there since she knows the hostess was reminded. Its kind of funny. Even though its not something I would have done I am happy that Grandma bear claws came out. I know she would do almost anything for them, but I didn't know she had that in her. She is so shy.