11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Re: Baby-proofing advice needed
This. You'd be amazed how fast kiddo will be while you are cooking dinner, emptying the dryer, or going to the bathroom!
Originally Posted by jam's mum
I consider myself relatively laid-back about safety but we:
- covered up the outlets (absolutely necessary for us, they held magnetic attraction for her)
- put up a stair gate at the top of the stairs, and then added one at the bottom of the stairs when she wanted to climb them
- bolted a big bookcase to the wall
- cabinet lock for the under-the-sink cabinet
- bathroom door closed (she hadn't realised there was water in the toilet before she started walking...)
Even then she still finds ways to get into mischief.
We love our Superyard for the times that we can't be right there with baby.
Mommy to Abigail ~1/24/07 and Kendall~3/17/2011 and FINALLY adoptive mama to LEDGER~4/4/09
!!!--G-J tube, asthma, oral aversion, reflux, SPD, drug exposure, and still searching for a diagnosis of the rest...
Ask me about extended rear facing!