Re: Baby-proofing advice needed
This. You'd be amazed how fast kiddo will be while you are cooking dinner, emptying the dryer, or going to the bathroom!
Originally Posted by jam's mum
I consider myself relatively laid-back about safety but we:
- covered up the outlets (absolutely necessary for us, they held magnetic attraction for her)
- put up a stair gate at the top of the stairs, and then added one at the bottom of the stairs when she wanted to climb them
- bolted a big bookcase to the wall
- cabinet lock for the under-the-sink cabinet
- bathroom door closed (she hadn't realised there was water in the toilet before she started walking...)
Even then she still finds ways to get into mischief.
We love our Superyard for the times that we can't be right there with baby.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...