View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Low/No Purine Recipes (ie Gout Diet) I need Vegan help!

Ok, here is a recipe I made up and loved back when I could have dairy and gluten. It is low fat, so it sounds like it would work fine for him if the pasta does not count as being too refined:

BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE QUICK PREP

2 cups macaroni
water
3 eggs
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
tsp paprika
tsp ground black pepper
-1 tsp salt
2-3 generous tbsp feta cheese dip (depending on strength, see recipe below)
or else some dill, parsley, and a pinch of garlic salt
2 cups reduced fat or low fat cheddar, shredded
cup crumbled feta (optional)
cup toasted, with a dab of oil, breadcrumbs (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook macaroni until tender.
Combine eggs, cottage cheese, milk paprika, pepper, feta dip (or some dill and parsley), and salt in blender (or use hand blender). You could probably get away with just stirring it if in a hurry but wouldn't have a smooth texture.
Drain macaroni. Place one third in the bottom of a 2 qt baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/3 cheddar. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle with feta. Pour the blended mixture on top.
Bake for 40 minutes.

FETA CHEESE DIP

4 oz feta cheese. crumbled
8 oz plain non-fat yogurt*
1 clove minced garlic
cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp dried, crushed dillweed or 2 tbsp fresh
Juice of one lemon
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Serve w/ fresh veggies or on toasted pita, Italian, or French bread. (If the bread or cracker you are using is bland, then you may want to add a dash of garlic salt.) The dip is smelly, but its good.

*This dip is great as a spread but may be too strong, depending on taste for a dip. You may want to double the amount of yogurt if using as a dip as opposed to adding it to recipes.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote