View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else make their own wine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy4manlycds View Post
It's been a few years but I grew raspberries, blackberries and concord grapes and made my own wine. The hardest part is waiting for it to get done.
That's what I'm having a hard time with right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
I always thought it would be cool to stomp around on grapes in a massive wooden bucket.
I think that would be fun. We have lots of wineries in the area, and they did a contest at the harvest festival this year to see who could stomp the most juice out of it. I tried to enter but it was full. Next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
We've got 5g of both cherry and apple wine going right now. They're just about ready to be back sweetened. Also, we've got a small 1g of raspberry mead that needs another week or 2. Love making beer and wine. My husband took one of his apple wines and used endothermic reactions to make apple brandy, so good . Actually, I think we've made wine out of several fruits except for grapes lol.
I really don't drink so I'm still learning about how things should taste and look. It's been really interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
We make wine but haven't made a batch in over a year due to DHs deployment. We probably won't make any for awhile because well be moving soon. But those carboys in the OP are making my mouth water.
It is blackberry, pluot, and strawberry (left to right). I'm still debating on what to make next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
I was thinking I wish I knew too.

How is it made ladies? Is it difficult?
I bought this book at my local beer/wine making store. It's been a great resource! http://www.annapolishomebrew.com/p/1...ome-winemaking
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote