View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
oXChrissyXo
Registered Users

Reflux or something else? (Swallow study?)

Hi ladies,

I posted early about making a thread solely for my sons reflux.
Since my son was able to receive breastmilk through a GI tube he has had problems with spitting/throwing up and has gradually gotten worse. He is now 8 months old 16lbs and 28 1/2 inches he has lost weight because he throws almost every bottle up. He eats an average of 7 to 8 bottles a day and acts very hungry when he eats. It usually doesn't cause him any pain even when we give him his meds late which doesn't happen very often. We originally thought it was because I had to stop BF (I have PCOS and hypothyroid) because my milk supply was decreasing. So we switch to formula NEOsure with added rice cearal and his zantac and still he throws it back up.

We had talked to his ped and he doesn't seem all that concerned (Yes, we are switching most likely) but when his EarlyOn Nurse came to visit him she seemed very concerned and order him a visit with one of the peditricains at their clinic who sees preemies often. She said the Dr. might suggest a swallow study which basically will inject dye through his mouth and his upper GI or something like that. Has anyone had to go through this before? What do they do? could it be something else other than reflux? was the study helpful?
oXChrissyXo is offline   Reply With Quote