View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

$100 Cloth for charity WWYB? Updated w/ picture and shout outs

I was so excited to find a tag specifically requesting cloth diapers on the Birthright Angel Tree at church yesterday. I'm giving myself a $100 budget (hope it's okay w hubby), since that's what I typically spend on angel tree gifts.
Soooo, what should I get??? The gift can be new or used. I know a lot of you will recommend prefolds and covers. I know that's most economical and maybe that's just what I should get. But I personally do not care for prefolds and don't know what type of Mama might get these diapers. There is a bit of a learning curve with prefolds and they do seem old fashioned. I would love to give some pockets just to show how easy they are, not to mention cute and user friendly. I would prefer not to buy china made cheapies, even though I know I could get a lot of bang for my buck.
So what do you guys think? I'll go with whatever the majority says!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2759961887.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	128022

Just thought I would update with a fun picture and inventory what we came up with for the angel tree donation. I'm dropping everything off tomorrow.
A sweet Mama on here sent a big package with gently used diapers and inserts. She included more than a doz hemp, MF and bamboo inserts as well as a BG 4.0 in the cute Albert print and a Fuzzi Bunz large aplix pocket. Another Mama from www.TheGreenBabyStore.com donated a Bumkins AIO, some detergent samples, a wet bag and a tube of CD safe rash cream. Her store is going out of business and is offering 20% off. Thanks, Mamas! The other items I bought new or had planned to sell from my own stash.
18 new Osocozy Flats
3 new snap Flip covers
1 Bumkins AIO, Cat in the Hat
2 Alva Pockets, Stars and Camo
6 BG 4.0's repaired with new aplix
1 Large wetbag, owl print
8 Alva bamboo inserts

So that's a total of 12 pockets/AIO's and at least another 12+ changes with the flip covers.
I'm so excited to have pretty much a full stash to donate. I would have liked to get some wipes and bottom spray, and a large enough wetbag to hold all the dirties, but at least this will be a good start. Now to type up some simple instructions and hints. Thanks again, ya'll!

Last edited by papoosecaboose; 12-22-2012 at 08:45 AM.
papoosecaboose is offline   Reply With Quote