Thread: Sleep training
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
pacanova
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sleep training

Thank you to the ladies who posted articles etc about sleep training, CIO, etc. I'd read an article (maybe misguided) that indicated it was important to establish healthy sleep habits from the start. One of the first things recommended was putting baby down to sleep while still slightly awake. My LO will only fall asleep if held and doesn't always stay asleep once set down. Neither of us is getting much sleep because of this. I was only looking for tips on getting her to go down/stay asleep better. I think my question was poorly worded and I take responsibility for that (but blame sleep deprivation a little). Sorry if I offended anyone. I wasn't looking for controversy and honestly didn't realize that even the 5 minutes constituted CIO. Our ped had said at our last appt that sometimes babies just cry and it's ok to walk away and let them cry for a bit as long as they're safe (assuming they're not crying because they're hungry, in pain, etc). I obviously do not want to do harm to my child. For those who offered suggestions, thank you as well. Have a wonderful night mamas!

*Reposting this in OP as well because I know when threads get long people tend not to read all of the posts.*
pacanova is offline   Reply With Quote