View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
CaryHaven
Registered Users
seller

Pls help! Toe hair tourniquet

We managed to remove some hairs wrapped all around three of my two month old's toes. Needless to say, it was nerve-wracking. The middle toe was the most red and a bit swollen. This is my problem. I am not 100% sure we got it all. I think we did, but the swelling/redness has only gone down a little. I've been watching it for an hour, and it doesn't look much better or any worse. When I try to spread the deeply embedded line apart (she's asleep now so hopefully she's not feeling anything) I can see that it has cut into her toe some (no blood that I see) and I assume that's why it's still a bit swollen. One other toe is a little swollen as well and it's also cut a bit. I just don't know if I should rouse the household to go into the ER at this time of night. The "line" of where the hair was is all the way around the toe except for one side. I don't really see anything there and that makes me think the hair is indeed gone, and the line and swelling are from the cut. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen and how long it took to look better? Or worse? I feel like staying up all night and staring at her toes.
CaryHaven is offline   Reply With Quote