View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE="JackieMarieVDV"]

This is exactly what I'm afraid of with the toddler bed idea. He loves to climb and is good at it too so I worry if he was in a toddler bed he would be climbing or getting into everything in his room. I would, like some of you have suggested, have to move almost everything out of his room.

For us, dd and ds share a room. Ds was out of the crib and in a twin bed at 18 months to prepare for dd's arrival. He did great, to this day, have never had a problem. The just have different personalities. Now, with dd for travel and safety reasons we HAVE to figure out a way to keep her in a pack and play until the new year. After that I don't care where she sleeps! We have moved everything out of the room except beds, and I keep all diaper change materials on the top bunk. It's a little bit of a pain, but wipes and creams all over the room was much worse ;-)
The thing that makes me insane is that we can't utilize the top bunk because she is such a climbing nut! I store the ladder in another room because I'm afraid she will hurt herself :-(
I'm seriously hoping she will get over this phase in life within the year so that they can have a "normal" room, instead of the stripped down version we are dealing with now.