View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
Not that dr.oz is necessarily a reliable source, but they had a really interesting segment on melatonin last week I think. Its aid a lot of what my lovely is saying.
I've seen what Dr Oz has to say about melatonin.

Seems like pretty standard - use it as a last resort, don't abuse it sort of stuff.

And seems like the OP said her doctor prescribed it, so I assume there is a reason.

I'm sure there are people who abuse melatonin to help themselves sleep without having to make healthy lifestyle changes that support healthy sleep habits. But the OP was writing about using it for her kiddo under the suggestion of her doctor.

With that said - OP: I'm curious as to why your doc recommended melatonin, but then didn't give you instructions on dosing. We were given specific instructions from our developmental pediatrician in how to use it. A responsible care provider would have given you specific dosing info and a plan

ETA: I re-read your OP and see you we're just asking for our experiences, not asking for advice on dosing. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :-)

Last edited by BeccaSueCongdon; 12-06-2012 at 02:13 AM.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote