View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wish us luck!

Background: DS2 (3 1/2) was using the potty ALL SUMMER with regularity and reliability -- as long as he was not wearing a diaper or shorts. So, when the weather cooled down and I put him in training pants and clothes, he soiled them (with regularity and reliability). In my laziness I let him go back to wearing diapers and facing the possibility of having to totally size up his stash

Today I took DS1 (almost 8 yo) out on errands and left DS2 home with DH...DS2 wouldn't let me put his diaper on before I left so I told DH to make sure he used the potty cause I wasn't going to fight him. When we got back, he had both used the potty AND peed on the carpet. He still wouldn't wear a diaper. Then he peed on the carpet a second time

As I was getting out the shop vac to clean up the messes, I decided that it's time (partially influenced by my friend suggesting that we need to just go "cold turkey") to say goodbye to diapers. I told DS2 that he was a big boy, now, and I could see that he didn't really want to wear his diapers. I told him that he could say goodbye to them either today or on Monday. He picked Monday.

So on Monday he's going to wear regular undies and, I'm sure, have accidents I'm going to have the shop vac all ready. And I really really really hope that he finally gets it!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote