View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
mayasmomma
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy Urgent! How to baby wear after abdominal surgery!??

On Tuesday I'm going in for surgery, it's laparoscopic but I am having a lot done due to severe endometriosis regrowth and adhesions on my intestines/abdominal wall. My point though is that my baby - 11 months old and 20 pounds can't get through the day without being worn. I usually end up wearing her at least on my back when she's being really clingy so I can do dishes, laundry, etc. or just have my hands free for e-mails even. The problem is this is in an ergo and the straps cross exactly over where all my incisions will be. Maybe if the strap had more padding this wouldn't be so bad?

So, I bought a used Moby on here thinking it will be softer, which is beautiful too - but now I'm reading that she'll probably be too heavy and it will stretch at 20lbs. I'll definitely want it for another baby someday but maybe it won't work for this situation?

My husband has one week off of work but I definitely will need something for week 2 of recovery and beyond. Am I dreaming or will I have to deal with a cranky, clingy baby who can't be held? Am I out of luck?