View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Meaured small, but had big baby?

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
This is kind of a two part question. Do you mean the mom measures small, or the baby measures smaller and ends up bigger?

I measured right along where I was supposed to be with DS. They estimated him at 7 - 7 1/2 lbs and he was born 10 days early at 8 lbs 15 oz. Those estimates can vary a lb in each direction on average though. But they didn't expect him to be that big at all.
I guess I mean the mom measures small - measuring the size of my uterus with a tape measure. I've measured 2 weeks smaller since she started measuring me. And this week it was her student measuring me and again, 2 weeks small. So, even consistent with different people measuring.

Baby hasn't been measured with an ultrasound since 20 weeks - haven't had one since then because there hasn't been a reason for another one. He was at the 30th percentile then and DH is a smaller guy, so I'm kinda thinking LO won't be huge or anything. But everyone likes to tell you that he will be despite all this stuff...
Mom to baby boy, Samuel Born: 12/28/12

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote