Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Meaured small, but had big baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
This is kind of a two part question. Do you mean the mom measures small, or the baby measures smaller and ends up bigger?

I measured right along where I was supposed to be with DS. They estimated him at 7 - 7 1/2 lbs and he was born 10 days early at 8 lbs 15 oz. Those estimates can vary a lb in each direction on average though. But they didn't expect him to be that big at all.
I guess I mean the mom measures small - measuring the size of my uterus with a tape measure. I've measured 2 weeks smaller since she started measuring me. And this week it was her student measuring me and again, 2 weeks small. So, even consistent with different people measuring.

Baby hasn't been measured with an ultrasound since 20 weeks - haven't had one since then because there hasn't been a reason for another one. He was at the 30th percentile then and DH is a smaller guy, so I'm kinda thinking LO won't be huge or anything. But everyone likes to tell you that he will be despite all this stuff...

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote